Well, apparently there have been some glitches in the process, so the Secret Pal match-ups are being re-done. Since I’ve done more thinking about it since my original response, here is an UPDATED version of my answers to the SP Questionnaire:
1. List your 3 favorite colors
Bright pinks (various shades), other brights like red or orange, limeade. Back when it was popular to have your colors done, I was told I was an autumn. I look good in pumpkin, emerald green, olive green, golden brown. If its a household color, my bedroom is dark denim & light brown w/red sheets, and my living room couches are a bright blue.
2. List colors you don’t care for?
Hmmm. Not too many of those. Oh grey.
3. List a paperpack novel you would like to read (author and title)
The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown, the Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum, or any of the knitting mysteries by Maggie Sefton (fluff all fluff!)
4. Name some yarns on your wish list?
Lambs Pride Limeade; Wool of the Andes in just about any color; KnitPicks Shadow or Gossamer (itching to do a nice lace shawl for the fall); maybe some Squiggle in pinks to go w/my existing Lamb’s Pride stash.
5. It might be fun to send food or other products from your home state or country to your pal or receive them. Do you have any dietary restrictions, i.e. diabetic, lactose intolerant etc.
Im on Weight Watchers, so preferably something low calorie, low fat, high fiber. I enjoy spicy stuff, so interesting spices or spice mixes from different places would be cool (meat rubs or international spices, etc.). I love the Just 2 Points bars you can buy at the Weight Watchers centers (any flavor with chocolate or caramel).
6. List your favorite scent. Do you like lotion?
Either energizing citrusy smells or relaxing rosemary/mint types. I like lotion, but I have a TON of it. The best lotion would be a small, purse-sized container. I really love salt scrubs and shower gels.
7. List any knitting supplies you might like?
Something nicer for carrying around my miscellaneous tools (scissors, crochet hook for when I drop a stitch, tapestry needle, stitch markers etc.) instead of a quart-sized Ziploc bag. <g>
8. Name an issue of a knitting magazine you would like to receive.
Anything; I dont have any current ones.
9. Are you looking for unusual or decorative buttons for any of your felted bags? Color?
Sure! I just bought some silver beads & black beads. I guess some funky silver colored buttons. OR, buttons/beads to coordinate with any yarn being sent. They don’t have to be expensive; I’m easy.
10. Is there a knitting pattern you would like ? (price range $4-$6)
Shelley Boardman Jester Bag or Heart in Hand or the Petal Pusher or Twice as Nice or Retro Bag; KnitKit Constant Companion or My Little Companion; Pick Up Sticks Triangle bag; any of the Pick up Sticks felted flower patterns; Pick Up Sticks Waterfall scarf pattern.
11. Would you like some beaded stitch markers?
YES, YES, YES!
12. I am at a loss for further questions…why don’t you make some suggestions of little goodies you like?
Hmmm. Sounds dumb, but some of those clear plastic magnetic picture frames you put on your fridge. I wear those plastic headbands with the teeth (only kind that will stay in my slippery hair). I’m going to need a new journal soon (preferably spiral bound so it can be folded back and take up less room on my lap at church). Ooh those Weight Watchers candies they sell at Target now.
[See post from a day or two ago with a couple of links.]