The “Little” Things
“It’s the little things….” We’ve all heard it; we’ve all said it. As part of my 2010 effort to focus more on the positive rather than doing what comes naturally and focusing on the negative*, I’ve been thinking about the “little” things lately. What are some of the seemingly small things that act as bright spots in your day or can even turn your day around? I find that the more conscious I am of these things and the more grateful I am for them, the more cheerful I am (duh).
Some of the “little” things I’ve thought of:
- a “driveby” kiss and “Love you” from one of my kids
- a stranger holding open a door for me
- someone telling me to jump ahead of him/her in a checkout line
- finding something I lost a while ago
- discovering that Hubby unexpectedly did one of my chores for me (like the dishes!)
- hearing something funny in a show the kids are watching
- a sincere compliment on a day when I’m feeling anything but attractive
- a call/email/note out of the blue from a friend
- trying something new and liking it
SO, what are YOUR “little” things?
* This is thanks largely to a friend who told me in December or January that every time he sees me, within the first five minutes I always say something negative. OUCH! Truth hurts!