Since there will only be four of us on the boat and only two “real” sailors (Hubby & I don’t count), and since the trip from PV to Ensenada is really hard sailing, Sean & Dana made the wise decision to change the destination. This is no big deal except that we bought our tickets a long time ago, got a great deal, and paid for half of it with bonus miles, so we’d only paid a total of $330 for the both of us to go from SFO to PV and SAN to SFO.
After burning up the Interwebs, a gazillion emails, and much conversation, the plans ended up like this:
- We still arrive in Puerto Vallarta on the 12th and stay @ the beautiful condo till the 17th or so, with Sean’s BBQ 40th birthday party on the 14th.
- We set sail the 17th or 18th.
- Instead of pushing to get to Ensenada, however, we will take our time tooling up to Cabo, then ending at Guaymas/San Carlos. This will be more of a vacation than the hard sailing to Ensenada would have been.
- From Guaymas, we hop on a “first-class bus” (I think that means only chickens, no goats) for an eight-hour, overnight ride to Phoenix.
- From Phoenix, we fly to San Diego.
- From San Diego, we take our originally-scheduled flight back home.