As Sharon would say, I’ve been chugging along. See?
To the untrained eye, this might not look like I’ve made much progress, but thanks to a well-placed and well-deserved kick in the butt, I actually have. The blanket is at the point where it takes a lot of stitches and, therefore, a lot of yarn to get around it just one time. To illustrate: each of those sections (except the current one) uses the exact same amount of yarn. Yupp. As it goes out from the center, the rounds are longer, so the yarn lasts for fewer rounds. I’m on the fourth ball of yarn. The fifth ball is for the edging. Woot! I will be so glad to get this monkey off my back. [Note to self: Don't do two fingering-weight baby blankets back to back again; you'll get burnt out, and the second blanket will suffer.]
Wool Noggin for T2′s friend Annette. The first one I made her was too small for her. This kid must have a really big head for a seven-year-old b/c that hat fit T2 fine. This one, as you can see, is too big for T2, so it should fit Annette just fine. Good thing I had more yarn, eh?
Another replacement hat. The one Robin bought for Ron for Christmas turned out to be child-sized. Not quite sure how I thought it was adult-sized. Weird. Anyhow, this one fits him just fine. Robin wanted to pay me for it, but I told her not to since the other one didn’t fit. Hubby said it was more manly for it to have just one wider stripe instead of three narrower ones, so I went with that. Now Ian & Ron can wear their semi-matching hats and have warm heads when they move to Denver next month.
Annnnd Robin’s birthday hat. Last time I was at her house, I asked her if she likes her hats to be short and beanie-like or if she wanted to be able to fold it up, etc. She obliged and showed me her favorite hat. Yupp, she likes the long, fold-em-up type. So, nine inches of 2×2 ribbing, then 2 1/2 inches of decreases, et voila! One hat to keep her head and ears warm in Denver.
FYI, I HATE this yarn. The colors are great, and the finished item is really soft, etc., but the yarn broke like CRAZY while I was knitting it (got really good at the spit-splice), AND when I washed it, it lost a LOT of dye in the water, despite a very generous amount of white vinegar in the water. As Robin herself would say, Feh.