(Click for bigger.) Well, Auntie’s bag didn’t get done in time for the fair. Oh, well. At least I’m only out the $2 entrance fee, not a larger amount of money. I probably could have gotten it done if it weren’t for spending all Wednesday reading HP7 and spending yesterday having four old mercury fillings replaced, running down to Full Thread Ahead to pick up the Craft I’d ordered for Thing One’s birthday sweater (color #773, Mafiosa), then lolling around resting while I was kid-free and numb of face. It’s going pretty well, though, I think. The red’s a little off in the picture, but all the other colors are spot-on.
In other WIP news, I have just a tad bit more to go on Shannon’s wristers. She’s been SOOOOO amazingly patient. And did I tell you that she also called and left me a message on the 12th, Paul’s birthday, to see how I was doing? She also brought me a card on Sunday. Wow. I’m also going to crank out a black pair out of some Merino Style I got in a swap.
What’s up after the bag & the wristers? Not necessarily in order:
- Thing One’s birthday sweater
- Bobcat’s birthday scarf (I gave her a hank of Malabrigo laceweight and an IOU.)
- A little something for the assistant at my dentist’s office b/c she’s having a boy in September
- A few dish cloths for Julie’s belated birthday gift (Now that I know she likes dish cloths, her birthday will be SOOO easy!!!)
- A little lace something out of MY hank of Malabrigo
- A little something out of my Euroflax linen (Gotta find beads that will work!!!)
- A wrap out of the grey wool from David (I’m planning to dye it after I knit it.)
- A bunch of stuff for the Christmas boutique at school (I’m a glutton for punishment!)
- Cough. Th-th-thong for Sean (at Dana’s request). Don’t think too deeply about this one, folks. The visual is about as scary as, well…the picture of ME in nothing but a thong!
Tara from our knitting group picked up my leftover inventory from last year’s boutique, plus some more recent stuff, to put in her display in a local rec center sale window. I’ll be happy if any of it sells. I gave her all my felted bags, scarves, and that blue & green watchcap.
I’m so lame. Not only did I buy the yarn for Thing One’s sweater (It was on sale for only $3/ball!), but a $5 ball of Silk Garden jumped into my bag, too. Sigh.