K Is For Kimono…
PATTERN: Baby kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting.
YARN: Sugar & Cream, color Playground, 3 balls plus a partial ball from the lovely Lu (Grazie, Bella!)
NEEDLES: Uh. Um. 7′s? I think. Hey, I finished the knitting a few days ago, and you expect me to remember?
- CO 50 instead of 40, increasing up to 118 instead of 88.
- Continued the eyelets all the way down the front.
- Used crocheted chains instead of ribbon.
There are two things I’m disappointed with:
- I had to throw it in the dryer b/c she just wasn’t drying after her bath. When I did, the color faded (it’s not as bright as these pictures make it look). Feh! I’ll take faded color over musty, mildewy, damp sweater, though.
- My seaming on the sleeves stank. Musta gotten cocky after that raglan. Also could have had something to do with my doing the increases via knitting on instead of backward loop cast-on. May have made for a different edge. I dunno…Naaaah, I think I just stink at seaming. I hope there are no other knitters at the shower tomorrow.